Updated on 8/29/16. Check out # 4 to see my latest nomination.
I have been nominated by three lovely sim bloggers for this award and am accepting both at once.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you included.
- Keep the rules in your post.
Thanks and Acceptance
I would like to thank the following: I would Please click on this link to see it added to my Awards page:
- I was nominated on August 15, 2016er questions for me with my answers:
- What are your greatest blogging-related moments or memories?
I think “greatest” is throwing me off in a bit in picking my answer. I’m not sure I think of anything I write or do as “great” so I’m thinking of it as “memorable”. My most memorable moment I guess was my first comment that praised me for my writing talent. It was a nice feeling to know at least one person was entertained by my writing.
- What is the nicest place you have ever visited?
Hands down it was Paradise Island in the Bahamas. It was so beautiful.
- What are your greatest positive qualities?
Why are all these questions making me feel like a braggart? I guess my best quality is my imagination or maybe my desire to be as kind to everyone as I can.
- Why do you write? What are the things you like the most about writing?
I write as an outlet to express my imaginative musings. I like writing fantasy and sci-fi mostly because I enjoy escapism in my entertainment.
- What do you do when it’s raining outside?
I usually put on my rain gear and go for a walk outside then I come in and have a cup of tea.
Earl Grey Tea.
I guess I’ll go with the thing on my mind at the moment which is how social justice warriors are taking over the internet.
- Which superpower would you like to have?
I’d love to fly!
- Which foreign language sounds especially nice in your opinion?
I like the sound of Japanese.
- Do any of the characters you write have a specific voice that you hear whenever you write their lines?
All of my characters do actually. Is that weird?
- What are some of the little things in life that make you happy?
A beautiful sunset, full moon or a good book.
2. I was nominated on August 20, 2016er questions and my answers:
- What made you start writing your current story?
I am currently writing a lot of stories but I suppose most start with a character in mind. My newest story “The Last 100 Years” was created when I saw fox ears and tail on a site so I created a Gumiho character and envisioned K-Drama style story to feature him.
- What would make you stop writing SimLit?
If I have more original works that gained a following I’d gravitate toward those. I’m not sure I’d totally stop since I tend to create lives for my sim characters.
- Do you use CC in your game and why?
I do use CC for a variety of reasons. Some alter the game to allow for more autonomy options including the town citizens since I enjoy sims creating their own lives. I also have visual CC to customize appearance.
- The best book (or movie) ever?
That’s a hard question. I tend to think in categories/genres but if I rank genre I’d go with my favorite fantasy book “Lord of the Rings” I guess.
- Toddlers or no-toddlers and why?
I like family play and lifestyles so I really want toddlers.
- Do you play other games than Sims?
Yes I do. I play a lot of strategy, MMOs and RPG games.
- Your favorite spot in your home?
My backyard swing, especially at sunset.
Black since I like the night time.
- What do you like doing the most in your Sim-game?
I love watching sims interact autonomously so I enjoy throwing some together and start them talking and seeing how they get along.
- Which one of the Sims neighborhoods you like the most?
I really love Appalousa Plains in Sims 3.
- Do you play more with male or female sims and why?
I don’t choose sims based on sex. I tend to gain favorites over time.
3. I was nominated on August 20, 2016 by
- What made you want to write SimLit?
Its a natural progression for me to give a character I’ve designed visually a personality and backstory. I began to find Simlit stories and decided to start writing some stories to share around them.
- What’s your favorite breakfast food?
- Who is your favorite SimLit character (of your own creation, modified EA-generated, or base game)?
This is hard for me since I grow attached to many characters as I write them. I usually have a favorite in every story at some point. I guess my current favorite is Hanuel Cho in Last 100 Years.
- What’s your favorite activity to do in the sun? (Figured I had to have one sunshine-related question in there, right?)
- If you were facing the apocalypse, which one of your Sims characters would you want with you and why?
Again this one is hard. I suppose I’d love to have Rita Ambrose since she’d be fun to talk with.
- Why did the chicken cross the road?
To get home to her chicks.
- What’s the silliest or weirdest thing your Sims have ever done in game?
I’m not sure if I’d call it especially silly or strange but I think my most memorable first Sims 3 moment was when one sim just autonomously kissed the sim I took up to talk to her. It caught me so off-guard and it made me fall in love with autonomous sim behavior.
I also think I laughed the hardest when Liam (Quest for Immortality) walked over and kissed the Bast when one of his sons started flirting with her. It made me laugh so hard I wrote it into the story.
- Have you ever written a fictional version of a significant event in your life in any of your SimLit stories?
Sort of, in a sense, if you count relationship dynamics I’ve experienced in my life. My stories are mostly fictional.
- Name a character you love-to-hate (and this can from any source- i.e. games, books, movies, etc).
I guess my favorite villains, that I love to hate, are comic book/manga villains. I’d say its a close tie with Green Lantern’s Sinestro and Super Man’s Lex Luthor.
- Name three things (or people) that make you smile.
Drawing, writing and dancing make me smile.
- If you could visit any fictional world, what would it be and why?
Hmm. I guess it would be the Elemental Masters universe by Mercades Lackey. I love how its an alternate world in Victorian England that is full of magic and characters based on fairy tales.
4. I was nominated on August 21, 2016 by roseinblack69 in this post found here. er questions and my answers:
1. What influenced you to write SimLit?
I started writing fan fiction in the 1990s and roleplaying online in MMOs so when I finally discovered Sims, with Sims 3, it was only natural for me to create backgrounds and stories. When I saw other people were posting their SimLit I jumped in with enthusiasm.
2. A story you’d like to write in the future
The two Sim Lit stories I would like to write but I haven’t gotten to yet is my Dark Sci-fi story “Morrison Mansion Mayhem” which sort of the tributes the classic horror/sci-fi style. Also, I really am considering doing a new take on a scuff time travel story I stopped writing a while ago.
3. What is your favorite character in your or stories written by others?
If you mean in current Sim Lit I’d say Lucas from Dust to Dust and Baby Love from Cutest Little Jazz Singer.
4. Do you plan your stories or you write them just watching your sims?
I do both. I try to pull in interesting things that happen in the game into a story but I always have an overall plan.
5. What is your favorite household of pre-mades?
That’s hard. In Sims 4 I only played with Armand Diaggro and really like him. In Sims 3 I loved the Vandenburgs.
6.What would you like to see in The Sims 4 game in the future?
I really want more life stages and also pets.
7. How long do you play The Sims?
Usually, 2-3 hour stretches about twice a week.
8. If you would be teleported into the sims world where would you like to live?
9. If EA will decide to create The Sims 5 what will it be in your opinion?
I think is might be more of a hybrid of what we saw in Sims 3 and what we have in Sims 4. The world will be more open with better Sim interaction and AI.
10. Where do you gather the inspiration?
If a story is good it inspires me. I especially love myth, legends, and science fiction so you can see their influence by what I primarily choose to write.
11. What is more important in your opinion – pictures or storyline in SimLit?
I feel they are equally important. I feel the traditional Sim Lit approach is more of a visual novel or comic style form of writing.
I’ll be nomination 11 bloggers below to start with:
@friendsfan367, The Benders
@CathyTea, Thirty Sims for Three Rivers
@MedleyMisty, Surreal Darkness
@rednenemon, The Racket-Rotter Chronicles
@AdamsEve1231, Kassiopeia Fullbright Story Series
@xJojox, Abby Greene : Drama Queen
@CitizenErased14, Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy
@InfraGreen, Eight Cicadas
@ThePlumbob, The Bloomer Legacy
@roseinblack69, The Blessing Moon Tribe
Here are my 11 questions for my nominated bloggers:
- Is writing just a hobby or do you want to make it a career?
- Which writers inspire you?
- So, what have you written?
- What genre do you like writing the most? What draws you to this genre?
- Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors?
- For your own reading, do you prefer ebooks or traditional paper/hard back books
- What book/s are you reading at present?
- What is your favourite movie and why?
- When do you write?
- Who is your favorite Simlit Author and why?
- What advice would you give to aspiring writers of Simlit?